We have had a small number of confirmed cases of chicken pox in Year 7 of the Middle School.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Chickenpox is a common childhood illness caused by a virus.
- It is most common in children aged 2 – 10yrs.
- It is very easy to catch.
- Most cases of chickenpox are mild and children get better completely.
- Chickenpox can often start with a fever, a headache, a runny nose, a cough, loss of appetite and feeling tired.
- Children with chickenpox need to stay away from school while they are infectious.
- They may return once scabs form on all the spots. This can take around 5-7 days.
Any questions should be directed to Bel Lee – School Nurse on firstname.lastname@example.org